Monday, January 16, 2006

A Funk

I’m in a funk. I think maybe it was a funk transfer because funks are contagious like yawns. I’m going to my sister’s because our roommates are out of town. On my way out I had some soymilk-vanilla, in my rinsed out tea mug. The flavor was subtle, but tasty, the texture was smooth and just thick enough to want to hold in my mouth. I always forget that I enjoy this about soymilk. I tried to make this subtlety a little moment of surprise- the kind that could step out from around a corner to tap you on the shoulder and say, excuse me- but you seem to have forgotten life is short and jumbly and mysterious so maybe enjoy it? It didn’t make. A girl at work today noticed that we had run out of the normal tea bags that you throw in, flip the switch and then you have brewed tea… and were using gargantuan filters and packages of pekoe tea. She held up the filters for everyone to see their largeness. She showed Betty, the owner’s sister as she came in. She said the large filters made her day. I didn’t believe her. I think she wants to be the kind of simple, caring, attentive person whose day could be made by the absurdity of such an enormous coffee filter. Had she put it on her head like a bonnet and or made some other silly comparison I might have bought it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home